Thursday 28 August 2014

Bulbophyllum sikkimense

End August 2014.  Well after separating them, I discovered that Bulbos like a lot of humidity and so the smaller divisions were drying out a bit too much so I have mounted them all back together but hopefully with room to grow... I think they look better this way too!




End May 2014.  Decided I needed to give the plants more room to grow as they were all beginning to climb on top of each others.  This photos shows all the different plants after I separated them out:

The roots looked very good and some had grown very long, took a bit of careful, gentle teasing to separate out the various plants - they were all producing new shoots so it's good to be giving them more room to grow.


 This photos shows them after I had re-mounted them.  The other types of bulbophyllum which were mounted seemed to grow much faster than the ones in the pot so I'm trying to see what happens if I mount some of them.  The smaller plants I have left in the pot.


Am hoping that they will thrive as well when mounted because they have done very well in the pot, but it definitely wasn't big enough for all of them...



Beginning of May 2014.  Having repotted the plant and given it more room to grow, there were numerous new shoots of growth appearing...






Purchased this at the March 2014 Flower Show... mainly because of the very interesting looking flowers it's supposed to have.  Was a bit more confident of knowing what to do with this species after being more successful with the original one I had.


Bulbophyllum sikkimense (March 2014)

Bulbophyllum sikkimense (March 2014)

Bulbophyllum sikkimense flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment