Wednesday 8 April 2015

Gastrochilus hainanensis

Early April 2015.  The blooms are now fully opened and I managed to use the pano setting to capture the all the flowers in one shot.






Late Feb 2015.  This is in spike again - three this year - and I had to remove the extra backing I had added because it was restricting the area where the spikes grow.




3 March 2015

Late August 2014.  This has continued to thrive and I have just extended the backing and added some moss in the hope that it will enable the plant to grow more luxuriantly before the cooler weather comes.






20 April 2014.  Photos showing the flowers from different angles... it's really hard to capture the blossoms because they are under the leaves and wrapped all the way around the plant..









The flowers are finally opening... but it looks like they will be all jammed up together...



April 2014.  The flower stalks continue to develop... I'm a bit worried that there is not going to be enough space for them to all open at the same time!






March 2014 - This year's flowers on the way - 4 lots this time!


March 2014 buds


April 2013.
The tiny but vibrantly coloured blooms - such a joy!
The tiny buds in April 2013
Yet another of the orchids which I bought at the March 2012 HK flower show.  This is an epiphytic orchid from Hainan (thus it's name) and Vietnam which blooms in the summer.  This had a some tiny buds when I first bought it but I don't remember them flowering.  However, in April 2013, I was rewarded with some amazing blooms!  It's lovely to have an orchid which is native to this area - no wonder it is quite happy...
March 2012 - just after buying it







No comments:

Post a Comment