Tuesday 21 April 2015

Dendrobium aphyllum / pierardii





Early April 2015.  Blooms appearing...




Late August 2014.  This has grown out nicely so I transferred it to a larger container...



May 2014.  The shoots are growing nicely!






26 April 2014.  The new shoots are making good progress - now growing their own roots.  Am wondering if I need to wrap these roots in some of the moss as well?





April 2014.  Obtained a few stems of these some time last year but they seems to die out so I put them aside thinking they were dead.  However when I was clearing things out in the spring, I noticed there was actually new growth on the stems so I have now re-hung them in the hope that the new growth will flourish.  I'm not sure I have the right species name for them - hopefully they will survive my manhandling and produce flowers at some point so I can identify them properly!

Looks like a bunch of dead twigs!

Close up of new growth on one stem...

Hopefully more new growth on another stem!

October 2013.  Obtained a few cuttings from a friend.

Oct 2013 The Dendrobium Aphyllum trailing below

No comments:

Post a Comment