Saturday 18 April 2015

Vandas

Mid April 2015.  Finally took out the last baby Vanda (Ms Joaquim) from its sealed container and am nursing all the babies together...




As its been quite blustery, I've created a mini-greenhouse protector for when its particularly windy and for night time...


The 2 babies which I had out before have produced tiny new leaves and roots so I hope this means they are reasonably happy...



Early April 2015.  Took out one of the baby Vandas from the sealed container as it has lots of new roots and the weather has warmed up and humidity is now high... placed it in some spaghum moss with clay pellets below and in a clay pot in the hope that the roots won't get smothered...

There seems to also be a tiny keiki as well - don't think that will survive as it doesn't seem to have any roots but have put it together on the off chance and hoping for the best!











March 2015.  Vanda Coerulescens purchased .  Culture information here.




I have to say that the photo of the flowers looks rather artificial to me and when I google this species, I don't find any pictures which look anything close to that so I'm wondering if this is a correct ID... Hopefully if I am able to make this bloom eventually, I will find out!






Sept 2014.  Baby Vandas purchased at Singapore Changi Airport.
the one on the left is Vanda Miss Joaquin, national flower of Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment